If you are a seasoned developer or whether you are a beginner who is just learning to code in different languages, you will always face the challenge of the latest and most advanced integrated development environments. There is nothing called the Best IDE for all the individuals out there.In simple words, the best IDE is the IDE that works the best for separate individuals. So today we are going to talk about the top 10 Best IDE 2019 that you can consider using to write flawless code. Make sure to read all the IDE carefully and then decide which one is the best for your needs.
Understand the Difference Between IDE and Text Editor
Before we start with our list of the top IDEs that are available in the market, we are going to show you the difference between an IDE and Text Editor. Text editors such as Sublime or Atom offers its users with several convenient and sophisticated features which include syntax highlighting, personalised interfaces and also several great tools for navigation.
However, they are going to allow you only to write code. The debugger and compiler are needed for creating and functioning applications.
On the other hand, an IDE includes all the components that we have mentioned above and even more than that. Some of the Best IDE 2019 also come with tools which are used for automating, testing and even visualising the entire process of development.
To make any code to reflect it as an application or program, you would require “Integrated Development”. They are the critical sources for the conversion of code into functioning applications.
Are you looking for the Best IDE market?
Well, there are several factors which can influence the popularity of an IDE, and as we have earlier mentioned, the best IDE is the one which works the best for your requirements. Have a look at the top 10 Best IDE 2019 that you can choose from and put them into use for your work.
1. Microsoft Visual Studio
Microsoft Visual Studio is one of the most popular ides that are available at a price anywhere around $699 – $2900. The price depends on the edition and licensing of the IDE and the features you have opted for. However, almost all the editions of the IDE are capable of producing different types of applications and programs which can be anything like mobile applications or games.
The Microsoft Visual Studio contains a plethora of different kinds of tools and features which makes testing and compatibility even more easier. You will be delighted to know that with this IDE you can check how your app/apps are running on more than 300+ devices and web browsers. Due to excellent flexibility, both professionals and students are using Microsoft Visual Studio. It is one of the most popular and Best IDE 2019.
- The vast library that contains extensions and the company is always trying to expand it
- It has the IntelliSense feature.
- The dashboard is customizable, and the windows are dockable.
- Seamless workflow.
- Provides insights about monitor performance.
- Tools for automation.
- Supports split screen feature.
- file hierarchy.
- Error list allows quick debugging.
Drawbacks: the Microsoft Visual Studio is am intensive IDE, and you need to have a high-end system configuration to make sure it works smoothly without lag. If the system is weak, it will take much time to get the work done.
A free open source IDE which is ideal for editing and re-creating existing projects, Netbeans occupies the second spot on our list. It comes with a simple interface which has a drag-and-drop navigation bar which is loaded with several features. It is used to create Java based apps, however you can download other programming language’s packages to work with them. Due to such features, it has made its way to the Best IDE 2019.
Languages Supported: HTML 5, C, Fortran, Java, C++11, PHP etc.
- Clean and efficient drag-and-drop interface.
- The library which is dynamic and sophisticated.
- Toolkit with several compilers like LLVM/CLang, GNU, Cygwin, MinGW.
- GNU debugger integration helps in assisting coding systems especially for remote development
- Supports remote development.
- Enhance Fortran and Assembler files
Drawbacks: NetBeans occupy a lot of system memory, and therefore you will need to have ample amount of free space to make it work seamlessly.
Developed by the team at Jet Brains, PyCharm offers all the users with a fantastic Community Edition pack. It comes with a 30-day free trial when you select the Professional Edition that is available within $213 – $690 if you subscribe to it for an annual term. Due to the sophisticated code assistance and analysis, PyCharm is one of the top IDE available for developers who work with Python. It is one of the Best IDE 2019 available for Python.
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- VIM Emulation provides the personalised interface.
- Supports Google App Engine and Django IDE.
Drawbacks: several users have complained about a possible bug in the autocomplete feature which sometimes interferes with your regular proceedings.
4. IntelliJ IDEA
The development team at Jet Brains have proved themselves to be one of the best in the business. IntelliJ IDEA offers all the users with a fantastic Community Edition pack. There is 30 days of free subscription and is the trial for the Ultimate Edition. It can cost you around $533 – $693.
The price can fluctuate depending on the features you use. It is undoubtedly one of the most user-friendly and Best IDE in 2019 that you can purchase. It comes with high technology and tools which are needed to set up an accessible business.
- Can test runner UI.
- Can support several build systems.
- It offers significant code average.
- Brilliant database editor and UML design.
- There is a debugging tool for all the servers.
- Supports intelligent and friendly editors for HTML, CSS and also JAVA.
- This IDE supports Google App Engine, Grails, GWT, Hibernate and Java EE, etc.
Drawbacks: may not be the best for beginners because of the big learning curve which is much more comfortable for professionals to manage.
Eclipse is a flexible open source free editor which is recommended for beginners, but professionals can use it as well. Initially, a constructed in a Java environment, the Eclipse has now been packed with several plug-ins and extensions. There are several debugging tools available with the Eclipse IDE, and it also supports Git/CVS integration. Even though it is not the most popular IDE available, the.
There are several packages which the company offers to help the people. Hence it has made a way to our list of Best IDE. It contains various packages like modelling, reporting, charting and testing. The Eclipse IDE is however really rich in tools that are used for charting, modelling, reporting and testing.
Languages Supported: C++, C, Perl, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby etc.
- Tooling for JEE projects
- Multi-language support
- Error reporting is automatic
- Enhancement for Java IDE
- The interface is task specific
- JUnit integration is available
Drawbacks: Eclipse does not have the same features as that of the IntelliJ Idea; however it is an open source for all the parties who are interested in using this IDE.
6. Code Blocks
Code::blocks is one of the great and free source IDE available. It is very much customizable and enhancements in all the different platforms. The plugin framework always allows users to review different workplaces at the same time. Code: blocks is a simple IDE but undoubtedly one of the Best IDE in 2019.
Languages Supported: C, Fortran, C++ etc.
- Quick and responsive navigation
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- It is written in C++.
- There is no need for properties languages.
- It also supports pre-built and custom-built extensions and plugins.
- User-friendly and straightforward is ideal for several users working at the same time.
Drawbacks: Even though it comes with several features and benefits, Code Blocks is much lightweight which is not suitable while doing extensive work.
7. Aptana Studio 3
One of the most powerful and Best IDE in 2019 the Aptana Studio 3 which is available at a premium price. The Aptana 3 offers awesome support to devs. You can use it to check, develop, test and deploy of web apps.
- Deployment wizard comes with a user-friendly and straightforward setup and installation
- Supports Capistrano, FTP, FTPS and SFTP.
- Ruby and Rails are sent automatically.
- GIT Integration is available.
Drawbacks: It is only convenient for students who are not engaged in any intensive tasks. However, professional users can face stutter and can have a good setup.
Komodo comes with a 21 free dial which is priced at $99 – $1615, depending on the services and benefits which you expect from the IDE. The interface is easily used, and you can use different features like Syntax Checker and single-step debugging. These are the features which make it one of the Best IDE in 2018 – 19 for web development.
- Friendly UI which includes Split Screen
- Multi-window editing is available
- Profiles for Python and PHP
- Much convenient than other multi-editing users and software
- Debugging for NodeJS, Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby and Tcl. There is also autocomplete.
- Supports all the OS like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
Drawbacks: Free version for this IDE has many features missing which makes it a bit difficult to understand whether the features are worth it or not.
RubyMine is a premium IDE that has been developed by the Jet Brains development team. It comes with a 30 days trial and can cost from $210 – $670. It is favourite among the enthusiasts who are interested in Ruby. It supports various other languages for programming as well. Due to the smooth navigation and slick workflow organisation, it is considered as one of the top contenders for the Best IDE.
- Snippets of coding, autocomplete and various other automatic refactorings
- Project tree provides quick code analysis
- Uses models diagram and project view
- Bundler, pick, rbenv, RVM is the stacks which it supports
- Keyboard schemes have been bundled
Drawbacks: you system will require to have at least a minimum of 4GB of RAM to make sure the application runs smoothly without any lag or stutter. Anything less than that will be of great inconvenience.
An open source and free IDE, which is the last product on our list of Best IDE in 2019, is the Xcode IDE. It is a part of the Xcode that is a set of versatile tools which have been used to make applications and software tweaks for Apple Inc and their devices like iPad, iPhone and MacBook.
The Cocoa Touch integration makes it an excellent IDE for Apple environment. There is also a built-in communication system that provides much better convenience in contacting the other users.
Languages Supported: Java, C, C++, Objective-C, AppleScript,
- Split screen workspace
- Easy and smooth UI controls
- Quick navigation via Jump Bar
- Tabs easily support workspace.
- Builds prototypes using the Interface Builder
- UI and the source code are capable of being connected in minutes
- Contains the Apple LLVM compiler that helps to scan code and other offers
Drawbacks: To run Xcode IDE, you will need to have an Apple device which has the MacOs. It does not support any other operating systems.
Which IDE is Best for Me?
If you have read our article till this point, then you are now aware of the top 10 Best IDE in 2019. All of these IDEs come with several features and benefits which are of great use to the developers and also the beginners.
The IDEs are specially made for different purposes, but sometimes they are of the same category with a different set of features made available. If you are looking for a good IDE, then you can go through our list and check the different features they have. Then choose by your self that which IDE is suitable for you.