Roku has some brilliant features, Roku offers hotel and dorm connect. It allows the users to directly stream their favourite tv shows or the latest movies on the internet even when they are sitting in a hotel room or a dormitory.
It requires a Log in through your webs browser in order to access the public network. You can also get an authentication about the internet connection for the Roku streaming app from the device you are using, with the help of the Roku hotel and dorm connect.
If you want to use this feature, then you should carry these following equipments to the place you are in which can be the dormitory or the hotel.
- Active and working Roku device which can be either of the Roku stick and the Roku Media Player.
- Cables for connectivity, specifically a high speed HDMI cable for seamless steaming.
- Roku TV Remote with power adapter
Also remember to carry a laptop or use a desktop while using the application. And your Roku app version should OS8 because the Roku hotel and dorm connect feature was introduced with this version and the later ones.
Using Roku Feature At A Hotel or Dorm
The very first step before using the Roku hotel and dorm connect is to find a suitable spot for Internet and power connectivity and then follow these steps.
- Go to Home screen by clicking on the Home button.
- To visit setting scroll up or down.
- Click on Network Settings > Set up connection.
- Click on Wireless.
- Select the wireless network of the Hotel or Dorm to get connected to the internet.
- Scan once again if nothing shows up on the radar.
- Once the device is connected, click on I am at a Hotel or College Dorm and you are ready to use the Roku hotel and dorm connect feature.